Football Integration Development Association
Code of Conduct
Football is a game of skills associated with a knowledge of the rules. Attitude and sportsmanship are vital ingredients. Therefore it is essential that teams and players should:
- Play the game according to the rules;
- Win (and lose) graciously;
- Accept decisions.
The Role of the Association
The Association can play an important part in the behaviour pattern by;
- Making sure the clubs and teams are aware of the Laws of Football and the Rules of the Association.
- Ensuring that umpires are fully conversant with these laws and rules;
- Giving full support to umpires in their efforts to conduct games with smoothness and dignity.
The Role of the Captains
- The captains are responsible at all times for ensuring that play is conducted within the spirit of the game as well as within the laws,
- Clubs should exercise great care in the selection of captains;
- Clubs should closely monitor and fully support the efforts of captains in regard to the maintenance of the code of behaviour.
Attitude to Umpires
- If an Umpire in your opinion misinterprets a rule, avoid heckling or arguing with him/her or opposition players;
- Recognise that the Umpire is in charge and has the final say;
- Courtesy and respect should be shown to Umpires at all times.
Attitude to Players
- Remember that opposing teams and officials are friends and should be treated as such;
- Avoid making uncomplimentary and unnecessary remarks to opponents;
- Avoid becoming involved in discussions between the umpire and your opponents;
- Players should maintain a standard of dress in conformity with the F.I.D.A. Guidelines
- Assist captains and umpires in the smooth running of the game.
Attitude to your Team and Club
- Make your team and club a family unit;
- Demonstrate teamwork and co-operation;
- Place the team before any individual.